Sunday 25 November 2018

Viva España

The next place we visited in Cádiz was the Plaza de España with its Monumento de las Cortes de Cádiz. This huge monument commemorates the first written Spanish constitution, which was drawn up in this city in 1812 during the Peninsular War; prior to this time Spain had been an absolute monarchy, and it became one again when Ferdinand VII was restored in 1814.

There is a huge amount of detail in the sculptures of the monument so I printed my main photo at 6x8 and added a couple of 3x4 close-ups. 

My page is based on Sketch 23 of Shimelle's Sketch to Scrapbook Page series though I obviously used larger photos than in her original. I also moved the embellishment clusters from the edges where I had very little space to the area above the large photo and below the small photos. The second of those clusters also fills a potentially awkward space next to the title.




I only have a few sets of alphabet stickers with the tilde that I needed for 'España' and none of those sets had sufficient 'a's for my title, so I cut these on the Silhouette again.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Pink Paislee/Paige Evans Turn the Page, OneCanoeTwo Creekside, Pink Paislee Posh
Mistable Stars - Studio Calico
Washi Tape - Hobbycraft
Enamel Dots - Echo Park
Ink - Memento
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Big Shot & Little B Arrows Die
Woodware Postage Stamp Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment