Friday 5 July 2019

Belém - Nautical Neighbourhood

This is the page that gave me so much trouble earlier in the year, and had me walking away from my cruise album for a while. It's done for now, but I'm still not overly happy with it and may well return to it and tweak it before I finish the album.

The photos are from Belém, a suburb of Lisbon which we sailed past on our way into the city. The area has a vast nautical heritage, being the place that Portuguese explorers departed from for their voyages of discovery in the 15th/16th centuries. The photos are of the Belém Tower (to defend against hostile ships), the Jeronimos Monastery (which was built with money raised by the taxes on certain spices) and the 20th century Monument to the Discoveries.


Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - My Mind's Eye Cut & Paste, DCWV Romantic Life, Pink Paislee Auburn Lane, American Crafts/Shimelle Starshine
Letters - October Afternoon
Stickers - OneCanoeTwo, Studio Calico
Glitter Tape - Hobbycraft
Gems - Papermania
Ink - Memento

Tools
Sihouette Portrait
Big Shot & Dovecraft Label Die

No comments:

Post a Comment