Friday 26 July 2019

Snap!

Mel's Page
I do love a scraplift, and there's a new group on Facebook called Scrap Squad who post a scraplift challenge every Friday based on pages they've found on Pinterest. I've been a member for a few weeks, but I was trying to concentrate on my cruise photos and the pages picked to lift so far haven't suited them, so they've been on my 'to do' list.

I've decided to knock off as many as I can while I wait for my last batch of cruise photos to arrive, and I started with Scraplift #9 which was a page originally made by Mel Blackburn.

I've gone back to my childhood photo albums for this page and scrapped a picture of my brother in the park near our grandparents' house.




I decided that the word 'Snap!' on the cut-apart card that I used could double as my title as I didn't think of anything better. I kept a lot of the elements from Mel's page, but I dropped the doily as mine were too white against the cream papers, and I didn't have an equivalent for her 'together' word. I kept the little tab at the bottom right and moved her paperclip to the top of my cloud paper. My biggest change might have been to move the contrasting strip on the side to the opposite edge, but I think it makes my wider page (12x12 vs 8.5x11) look more balanced.

Supplies
Paper - Little Yellow Bicycle Acorn Hollow, Simple Stories I {Heart} Summer, Jillibean Soup Sightseeing Stew, Basic Grey Mon Ami, Simple Stories Homespun
Stickers - Jillibean Soup, American Crafts/Paige Evans
Paper Clip - Freckled Fawn?
Puffy Stickers - Fancy Pants
Ink/Mist - Docrafts

No comments:

Post a Comment