Saturday 20 July 2019

Sun Arise

I'm not far from finishing my cruise album (or albums probably) now; I just need to edit and order the last batch of photos for three more pages and then work out what I want to do for the album's title page. 

Before then, I'm sharing a page with the sunrise as we approached Casablanca. I didn't scrap these pictures when I was doing the Casablancan pages, but every time I scroll through my photos I'm drawn to the one on the left, the sun beginning to rise, as seen through our cabin porthole.



I used the first sketch of the month from Sketch-n-Scrap, but extended the papers to run behind both photos. I started off by trying to copy the layers in the sketch, but then tucked in various scraps and off-cuts as I worked. 

I'm very low on background papers now but I did still have a 12x12 piece of pink vellum that I decided to use here over white cardstock. I could have gutted it but I didn't think of that until afterwards so it'll be the only page of the album with pink vellum but it fits the colour scheme so I don't think it will matter.

Supplies
Paper - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Stitched, Pinkfresh Studio Let Your Heart Decide, OneCanoeTwo Twilight, OneCanoeTwo Creekside, American Crafts Shimelle, Pink Paislee Auburn Lane,  Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes Open Book
Vellum - Create Paper, UnknownLetters - Teresa Collins
Stickers - American Crafts/Paige Evans, Teresa Collins
Glitter Tape - Hobbycraft
Enamel Hearts - American Crafts/Shimelle
Ink - Memento
Mist - Docrafts

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunset picks like that deserve a full piece of vellum. This turned out great. Sketch N Scrap appreciates your participation. Thank you for playing along.
    Sharon Fontenot
    higgledypiggledycrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sunrise photos and love the papers you chose! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! ~Deanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos and take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful pictures and a stunning layout! Great job with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete