Monday 11 November 2019

Flåmsbana

One of Norway's biggest tourist attractions is the railway that runs from Flåm to Myrdal. It's just 20km long and climbs 866m on its journey, making it the steepest conventional railway in the world. We've been on it before (back in 2008) as part of an organised tour, but this time we decided to ride just over half-way up and then walk back down.


Scrapdolly's Page
This page is about the railway rather than the walk though, and is a scraplift of one from Scrapdolly at UKScrappers which I took on as part of a chain-scraplifting challenge (where we are lifting one another in turn to make a chain of related pages).

The trains themselves aren't particularly pretty so I picked two photos which show plenty of the scenery too. I kept many elements of Scrapdolly's page such as her light background, stripy paper layer, punched edges and journalling placement, but I moved my title and my embellishments have more geometric shapes than her free-flowing floral pieces.





My title "Flåmsbana" is the Norwegian for Flåm Railway, and I copied the font/logo from their website to cut it on my Silhouette.

Supplies
Paper - Pinkfresh Studio Let Your Heart Decide, Pinkfresh Studio Out and About, Amy Tangerine Better Together
Die-Cuts - Pinkfresh Studio Out and About
Stickers - Pinkfresh Studio, Ellle's Studio, Bella Boulevard
Washi Tape - Unknown
Ink - Memento
Mist - Docrafts, Cosmic Shimmer

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Big Shot
Little B Arrow Die
Dovecraft Tag Die
X-Cut Camera Die
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
Woodware Postage Stamp Punch
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
X-Cut Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment