Wednesday 25 December 2019

A Box of Promise

Our son would like a new board game for Christmas, but production has been delayed and it won't be released until sometime in 2020; that means that we gave him a promise to buy it later for Christmas, and I made a small box to contain that promise so that he would still have something to open today.

It was a simple box to make, being a free design from the Silhouette store (Snowflake Box - Design 309553), which I resized and cut in two colours of cardstock. My blade's getting worn now and it didn't cut all of the design, so I left part of it just as an outline.



A piece of advice - should you choose to cut this box (or any other 3D design), I'd suggest that you use cardstock with a coloured core. My red cardstock had a white core which is really obvious around the edges, though it was also quite useful where the design didn't cut fully as you can still see the outline.

No comments:

Post a Comment