Wednesday 18 December 2019

Chocolate Tin Makeover

I generally get my photos printed in batches and then keep them in separate envelopes (one per planned page) until I scrapbook them. Until recently, those envelopes have sat in an untidy pile on my desk, threatening to topple over at any moment, but a couple of weeks ago I rediscovered an old tin which was once filled with chocolates, a tin that I hadn't thrown away because it looked like it could be useful, but it hasn't been useful for the past three years judging by the 'best before' date on its base.


I've been trialling it as a photo storage tin, a home for my teetering pile of envelopes and it's working well. I wasn't sure at first, but now that I am thinking of it as my photo tin rather than just a tin I know that this is a permanent change, and I decided to decorate the top.


I chose the letter stickers first - old ones that I don't generally like for titles as the letters are a mix of upper and lower case (though that didn't bother me here), and then went through my scraps box for a piece of paper that was large enough to cover the lid and that would work with both the cream tin and the black letters. I found this spotty one, added a strip of washi tape and stuck down my letters before finishing off with the last of a pack of black pearls.


No comments:

Post a Comment