Friday 6 December 2019

Stick It Down - Buttermere

Back in October I created a cruise page (Rain Stops Play) using a double page sketch from Stick It Down, and from that they picked me to be their double page guest designer for this month. 

The December sketch is one for eight square photos, but I adapted it for three landscape 4x6 prints with seven 3x3 squares, a set that were already printed and waiting in my 'to scrap' pile. These were from April last year, when we spent a week in Cumbria and did a circular walk around Buttermere on Easter Sunday. 


My first couple of paper choices were outdoors-themed but were too brown; the photos just got lost against them. I switched to brighter papers, an old collection from My Mind's Eye, with three differently patterned multi-coloured papers for the stripes on the right and the triangles on the left side. I also switched from trees to more generic triangles for my page because I thought that they could represent mountains (and I had no reason for trees).

Stick It Down have three sketches each month, for single and double scrapbook pages plus a card sketch, so hopefully there's something for everyone. Why not pop over, take a look and link up your creations too?

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - My Mind's Eye Collectable, My Mind's Eye Necessities
Puffy Stickers - MAMBI, Elle's Studio
Washi Tape - Unknown
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Big Shot & Spellbinders Circle Die
X-Cut Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment