Sunday 23 May 2021

Yes to University of Sussex

I called my 2019 album 'done for now' more than a year ago, but there was a gap in my daughter's story that I wanted to remedy. We looked at various universities for her, including Sussex where she ended up but, although I took photos on some of those visits, I didn't take any at Sussex. Thus the scrapbooks go from us looking at other places to her starting at Sussex without any mention of our visit and her decision to make it her first choice.

When I realised this, I decided to take photos when we collected her at the end of the spring term (March 2020) but Covid disrupted that and I eventually took them in March this year. I particularly wanted spring photos so that they would match the time of our original visit and the trees and flowers would look right.

I took four photos of the buildings that surround Library Square, and used them for the 'Conceptual Art' challenge at For the Love of Pretty Paper. This challenge was an oddity as we had to work from a printed list of instructions without seeing a picture of what the final layout should look like. I'll admit that I didn't follow all the instructions, but I felt it was more important to make a page I liked then to stick to them rigidly and be less happy with the result.


For comparison purposes, here's the original page made by Karen/Scrapdolly who also wrote the instructions.

It all felt too left-heavy to me, so I pushed everything to the right by extending the paper across the top of the page, adding an extra square on top of it and spreading out the layering of the vertical papers and photos. I also rotated the banners at the top of the page, added some labels at the bottom left and dropped the line of bunting.

I also linked up with Hey Little Magpie who set a much more straightforward challenge to use three or more photos on a page.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bo Bunny, UK Crafts
Paper - Pink Paislee/Paige Evans Whimsical
Enamel Dots - Pretty My Page, Freckled Fawn

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Big Shot
Dovecraft Label Die
X-Cut Pennant Die


No comments:

Post a Comment