Monday 9 May 2022

Fell Foot

I have umpteen projects on the go already, but I'm starting another now. Back in 2018 I kept an 8x8 album/journal to document my first year of parkrun. Since then I've made 12x12 pages in my annual albums for significant events but I've found myself wanting to document some of the smaller moments that don't 'deserve' those pages. Therefore I've decided to make a second 8x8 album dedicated to our parkrun adventures from 2019 onwards, and I'm tackling it now as 8x8 pages should be quite quick and easy, perfect for the multitude of National Scrapbooking Day challenges that were published over the weekend.

My first page is from Fell Foot in Cumbria which we ran in December 2019 when we went to the Lake District for a Christmas party. I used a sketch from Twilight Crafts' recent cyber-crop and the corresponding Jenny Wren cut-file to tick off my first NSD challenge, one from Hey Little Magpie to use hexagons on a page. 

I used black cardstock for the cut-file and cut an extra hexagon to go on the right hand side of the page. I backed three of the hexagons with acetate pieces and tucked the extra in on the right of the photo. I then backed another three shapes with patterned paper topped with stars.


I'm using this album to stash-bust too. All the papers were scraps, the rub-on was the last one in the packet and the acetate has been sitting around for far too long.

Supplies
Cardstock - Craft Sensation
Paper - K&Company, My Mind's Eye
Acetate - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine?
Rub-On - Basic Grey

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Big Shot 
The Works Alphabet Dies
Woodware Star Punch

Disclosure - As a DT member, I received the digital cut-file free of charge from Twilight Crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment