Saturday 14 January 2023

Charco de San Ginés

I have another page from Lanzarote today, one featuring a lagoon in Arrecife. It's my second DT page this month for Twilight Crafts. They've recently released a range of stencils and I was given JWS18 Circles Plain and Stripey which is A5 in size. (They do some designs in A4 too.)

I repeated the whole stencil across my 12x12 white cardstock, using Distress Oxide ink in Hickory Smoke, a colour which matches the grey in the Heidi Swapp papers that I am using for this album. 

You might spot a mistake in the stencil alignment on the right hand edge, but I hid that by trimming the cardstock down and matting it on a patterned paper. It's one that I don't like much and I don't think the design matches the rest of the collection very well, but it makes a good mat for a page.

I ran a couple of strips of paper across the page to divide it into two parts and added my title across the middle. The top part has an overview photo of the lagoon with a journalling card, while the bottom part has two detail photos.


I also made this page for one of the Birthday challenges at For the Love of Pretty Paper. We had three at the end of December to celebrate the group's 8th birthday and this was a 'This or That' challenge, for which I chose circles, mixed media, white background and camera.



Supplies
Cardstock - UK Crafts
Paper - Heidi Swapp Carefree, Jen Hadfield Peaceful Heart, Amy Tangerine
Letters - KaiserCraft
Stickers - Heidi Swapp, Rosie's Studio, Maggie Holmes, MAMBI
Washi Tape - Unknown
Gems - Love to Craft
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Big Shot
Dovecraft Label Die

Disclosure - I received the stencil free of charge from Twilight Crafts. All other supplies are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment