Thursday 5 January 2023

"Ship Ahoy!" Mini-Book

My first project of the year for Twilight Crafts is a mini-book. It's something I've planned to do for a while, a record of all the cruise ships we've sailed on (before I forget where and when we went). 

My book is 3.5" x 4.5", because that was the size of some scraps of chipboard I had, and I ran washi tape around the edges before covering the middles with papers from 49 & Market. I chose the JWCF709 Compass cut-file as being the perfect motif for a travel mini-book, cut it in navy blue cardstock at just over 2" wide and backed the openings with lighter blue cardstock.


Internally, I made the pages from 6x6 papers which I cut down to 4.25" wide, scored at 2.5" to make a flap and cut away the top corners, alternating left and right.


I could then stick a photo on the outside of each flap, add the ship's name below and journal on the inside of each page.


Finally I glued each pair of pages back-to-back, poked holes through them all and threaded them with soft twine. I added a cord lock (pinched from my husband's camping supplies) to the twine so that I can take the back cover off when necessary and add more pages for future ships.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill, Stampin' Up!
Paper - 49 & Market Vintage Artistry Anywhere, M&C World Map 6x6 Pad
Letters - Tim Holtz, Creative Devotion, My Mind's Eye, Pebbles, Basic Grey, October Afternoon, Crate Paper, 
Stickers - Tim Holtz, 49 & Market
Washi Tape - Unknown, Little B
Gems - Unknown
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Silhouette Portrait

Disclosure - I received the digital cut-file free of charge from Twilight Crafts. All other supplies are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment