Wednesday 4 April 2018

August 2014

I've been including 12x12 divided pages with 4x6 cards in my 2014 album, but they have given me trouble with where to position them in the album when they cover a couple of months. For August/September I found that I wanted August to be near my pages from Chatham Historic Dockyard but I wanted September to be near a camping holiday we took that month. I decided to break with the 12x12 divided pages and use 6x12 divided page protectors instead.

For August I only had photos from two days, as most of our activities that month merited full 12x12 pages rather than the cards. I worked with pieces from my scraps box only, choosing yellow for the front and blue for the back.

The front has a title card for the month and two photos from Richmond Park, one from a Nordic walking session and one of the deer in the park. 



The photos on the back are all from Chatham Historic Dockyard and will sit directly opposite my page for HMS Gannet. I used acetate in the top pocket so that I could slot our tickets in behind the photo (my daughter 'clocking in' to one of the museum exhibits) and the journalling sticker with the dockyard logo on view. The other two pockets have photos of HMS Cavalier (which we visited in 2013 and I have yet to scrap) and the Ropery, where rope has been made since Napoleonic times. I decorated all the cards with nautical map stars from Studio Calico.


No comments:

Post a Comment