Tuesday 10 April 2018

parkrun - March

I'm pleased to report that I've continued with parkrun throughout March and that I've clocked up 13 official 5km runs (or walks) so far this year. I didn't even let a holiday stop me, running at my home event before we went to Cumbria and then as a visitor at Workington parkrun before we came back.

I've continued with my parkrun album too, a simple affair in 8x8. I'm putting two runs to a page at this time, so have two pages to share today. They're mostly made from scrap papers and washi tape with minimal layers and embellishments to keep the pages flat.

I split this page horizontally; the top part is a 'normal' run but the following week the 'Mini Beast from the East' dumped a pile of snow on us, starting to fall an hour after the run director had decided that the event would be going ahead. Just over 40 of us still turned out to run in the snow (down from 75ish most weeks).


These two pages lie back-to-back in the album so I have a change of colour scheme for the second one. The left side is another 'normal' run, but I volunteered to be the Tail Walker (a marshal at the back of the field) the following week. Parkrun just wouldn't be parkrun without the team of volunteers who turn out every week in all weathers, and I feel that all the regular runners should also take a turn at volunteering in order to keep the event running smoothly each week. It's all about give and take and you shouldn't just take (run) without giving something back. 



I've used tickets on my pages for the key statistics each week, and added 'PB' to my personal best times as appropriate, but now I've introduced a 'V' label for the weeks that I volunteer too.

No comments:

Post a Comment