Friday 20 July 2018

All You Need is Love

Still on cruise pages, there are two more to come and then I'll be done ... just in time for the next cruise! To be honest, this one's a 'filler', I'm on an odd number of pages and so I need one more (or a gap and that would be silly).

My photos came from a Beatles-themed show one evening, and I scraplifted myself for the page design. However it's a scraplift with a twist as I am taking Shimelle's latest class, Layer on Layer on Layer, and one of the prompts is to scraplift yourself but find a way to incorporate more layers in the page. 

I started out from a three year old page for Caernarfon Castle, and flipped it horizontally to suit the direction in my photos. At this stage in the album I didn't have many big pieces of paper left, but I did have plenty of 12" strips and some medium size pieces that I could cut and stretch. The new page has more layers behind the photos than the original and I substituted a series of overlapping paper strips for the single vertical piece in the original. I even got an extra layer into the background with two scraps of vellum positioned to look like one longer strip.

I used two colours of tile stickers for my title and there are three reasons why I used the red ones for the word love - they form a triangle of red with the two ends of the red paper strip; they are wider than the cream ones so can 'support' the longer words above; and I only had two cream l's left.





Supplies
Cardstock - Craft Sensations
Paper - Photo Play Boarding Pass, HOTP, Simple Stories, American Crafts/Shimelle, Echo Park, Basic Grey
Vellum - Crate Paper
Letters - October Afternoon, We R Memory Keepers
Enamel Shapes - Stampin' Up!
Gems - from Stash
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Mister Huey's, Docrafts

Tools
The Works Roller Stamp
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Hobbycraft Heart Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment