Thursday 5 July 2018

Restless Earth

This page actually comes earlier in the day than the last two, but I needed to get 'warmed up' on a couple of single pages before tackling a double. These photos come from the 'geothermal field' at Námaskarð, an area with mud pots, steam vents and boiling springs where the soil is too hot and poisonous for anything to grow. We had to be careful where we walked as the surface temperature reaches 80-100°C in places.

The photos needed a mat and looked best on black cardstock, so I cut two 9" wide boxes to sit in the middle of my page. I didn't like the look of the plain cardstock around the edges of the photos, so I filled in those areas with a mosaic of green papers which I've used elsewhere in the album. The blue is a new paper, making its first appearance, but I have an offcut that I will be sure to use elsewhere. I only had one sheet so I've cut and stretched this to look larger and covered the gap with the stripe on each side.

I kept the embellishment simple with clusters in two opposite corners; I found the chipboard clouds when I was looking for something else and they were reminiscent of the smoke and steam we saw so had to be included.



Supplies
Cardstock - Craft Sensations
Paper - October Afternoon Treasure Map, Photo Play Boarding Pass, My Mind's Eye, Basic Grey
Letters - Simply Creative
Border - Bazzill
Washi Tape - Ebay, Little B
Puffy Hearts - American Crafts
Clouds - Studio Calico
Enamel Dots - American Crafts/Shimelle, Stampin' Up!
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Big Shot & Spellbinders Circle Die
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment