Sunday 29 July 2018

David's Day

I've finally finished my album for last year's cruise to Greenland, Iceland and Norway. I didn't work chronologically so this page actually comes about two-thirds of the way through. 

The photos are from the Botanical Gardens in Akureyri and were taken by our adult son who chose to spend his day in the town while we went on a tour. He was very proud of the fact that he'd taken lots of photos for me ready to document his visit as he doesn't normally take many pictures even on holiday.

I initially chose four photos and printed them at 4x3 but you couldn't see the details in all the green so I dropped one and went larger with the others. I have another page in this album with a column of three 4x6 photos, so I tried to make the rest of the page design as different from the other one as possible. I considered several vertical strips of paper to the left of the photos but, looking at all my scraps, I decided to use as many of them as I could in horizontal strips instead.




I've had that acrylic arrow (and some other pieces) in my project box ever since I started this album and it took a challenge from For the Love of Pretty Paper to finally move one from box to page. We have an Alphabet Relay running in the group where we take it in turns to set challenges based on the letters of the alphabet, and this was A for Acrylic.

Supplies
Cardstock - Craft Sensations
Paper - Photo Play Boarding Pass, Echo Park Winter Park, Basic Grey, Teresa Collins, Pink Paislee, Authentique
Letters - Fancy Pants
Acrylic Arrow - from Stash
Washi Tape - Ebay, Tesco
Enamel Shapes - Marianne Designs, My Mind's Eye, Stampin' Up!
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Big Shot
X-Cut Camera Dies
Dovecraft Star Die

1 comment:

  1. I like your layering of the embellishments - good use of the arrow :) This layout inspires me for my Univ Gardens walkabout.

    ReplyDelete