Monday 23 July 2018

One Night Only

Penultimate cruise page now, and it's from the Crew Show, which is a chance for the ordinary crew members to show off their talents. It normally includes some traditional dances from their home countries, a few singers and two set pieces - on every cruise we've done the deck crew perform "In the Navy" while the engine room team do "You can Keep your Hat on" (the finale to The Full Monty (but they keep more than their hats on)).


I started this page from the second of Sue's July sketches, but adapted it for two columns of  photos. The navy blue panel (two pieces actually) isn't in the sketch, but I needed it to cover the gap in the aqua map print as I have no large papers left at this stage so I'm cutting and stretching where I can. 

I originally made two embellishment clusters in the places indicated by the flowers on the sketch but that was before I added my title. Having placed that on a scalloped die-cut circle I added two smaller matching circles to my original clusters and then the title really called out for a cluster of its own so I ended up with three.



Supplies
Cardstock - Craft Creatives
Paper - Photo Play Boarding Pass, Echo Park Winter Park, Creative Imaginations, Pink Paislee Memorandum
Letters - Jillibean Soup, My Mind's Eye
Washi - Ebay, Tesco
Stickers - Studio Calico, Bella Bouevard
Brads - My Mind's Eye
Enamel Shapes - American Crafts/Shimelle
Pearls - Hobby House
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Big Shot & The Works Scalloped Circle Dies
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Woodware Tag Punch
X-Cut Small Circle Punch

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amanda what a super page! I love your interpretation of my sketch.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete