Thursday 3 October 2019

Broken Column

I'm making random pages for my cruise album at the moment, and this page from Stavanger features an art installation by Antony Gormley called Broken Column. This consists of 23 life-sized statues spread out across the city, with each one placed so that its feet are at the same height as the previous one's head, forming an imaginary column of stacked figures.

We saw five of the figures which made the choice of photos quite easy, and I worked with literal broken columns of patterned paper on my page with my five photos and a journalling block.


When I was looking at letter stickers for my title I found some that looked stencilled, but they were too small and the wrong colour. However I felt that the broken letters of a stencil fitted my theme so I downloaded a font and cut some on my Silhouette.

Supplies
Cardstock - Papermania
Paper - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Better Together, Pinkfresh Studio Out and About, We R Memory Keepers, Echo Park
Stickers - Pinkfresh Studio Out and About
Enamel Dots - Echo Park, Pretty My Page
Ink - Memento
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Big Shot & Spellbinders Circle Die
Woodware Postage Stamp Punch
X-Cut Small Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment