Sunday 31 January 2021

Sculpture by the Lakes

One of the reasons for our trip to Dorset was that I wanted to visit Sculpture by the Lakes, 26 acres of gardens populated with sculptures mostly by Simon Gudgeon.

Obviously, I took loads of photos and this has lead to a quadruple page in my album, a double plus a divided page that will sit between the two halves. I actually made the divided pages quite early on, using a page protector with a mix of vertical and horizontal 4x6 pockets. I filled all 10 with photos and used the 2x10 pocket at the side of the front for a title.



This page protector then sat on my shelf for three months, waiting for the double that would complete the quartet. I toyed with a few ideas over that time and pulled out the photos more than once but I couldn't really work out what I wanted to do with them.

Eventually I had scrapped everything else from this trip and there was no putting this page off any longer. Firstly I tried to emulate the divided page look with a mosaic of photos and patterned paper panels on plain cardstock, but the contrast between the mostly green photos and the bright colours of the patterned paper was too jarring. I switched to another project and came back again a few days later, to try a similar mosaic but with each photo matted on one of the patterned papers, which made me much happier. The 'double' will never be viewed together as the divided page will sit between the two halves in my album so I ended up working on them separately.

The left side has five photos arranged around a 'Create' die-cut that I had been saving all along,


and the right side has eight mostly smaller photos.


I journalled on both pages, using the lines between the pattern on the orange scallops paper as I have done so many times before. I embellished two of the paper panels on the left page but by the time I got to the right side I just wanted it to be done. I tried embellishments in a few spots but nothing looked right so this side stayed plainer.

Supplies
Paper - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Late Afternoon*
Letters - Anita's Glitterations
Die-Cuts - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Late Afternoon*
Flower - Kaisercraft
Chipboard Stars - Studio Calico
Butterflies - Prima*
Washi Tape - Little B
Enamel Dots - Simple Stories, Echo Park, Eyelet Outlet
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Big Shot
Dovecraft Label Die
X-Cut Pennant Die
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

*Disclosure - I received the paper pad, die-cut and sugar dots free of charge from The Mad Scrapper as part of my DT role.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pages. I think Amy T would be pleased her papers were used to scrapbooking the sculpture gardens - definitely the feeling of free spirits here.

    ReplyDelete