Friday 2 April 2021

Falmer Bar

I have another page for my daughter's university album today. The photo was taken on the diagonal and I've had a layout in mind since I saw this page from Orange Gearle at Paper Issues last autumn but it's taken me a long while to get it down on paper.

I chose a set of papers that had the same few colours in lots of different patterns and cut four 3" squares and four 1.5" squares from eight of them which I used with four 2" insta-cards. The cards already had rounded corners so I rounded all my paper squares and the photograph too. 

I arranged them all on the page in a more regular pattern than the original and added extras to most of the squares - cork arrows on the arrows paper, enamel shapes on the triangles paper, enamel dots in the middle of the doily prints, etc. My title went on the plainest large square and I added clusters with arrows and enamel dots to each side, outside the squares, to soften all the regular lines.

The 'Date' square is blank for now; my daughter can journal there next time she's home.

Supplies
Paper - We R Memory Keepers Free Spirit
Insta Cards - We R Memory Keepers Indian Summer
Letters - Basic Grey
Arrows - Freckled Fawn, Studio Calico
Puffy Stickers - MAMBI
Enamel Dots - Pretty My Page, Echo Park, Studio Calico
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Big Shot & Little B Arrow Die
EK Success Corner Punch


No comments:

Post a Comment