Monday 7 March 2022

The Book of John

We saw Rhod Gilbert live last November, in his stand-up show called The Book of John, and I made this page for a couple of recent cyber-crop challenges.

Peartree Cut-Files asked us to make a page starting from a cut-file we love, and I'd already earmarked 'A New Chapter' as being the one to use with these photos (if I could successfully remove or cover the wording).

A week later, GoGoGetaway asked us to be inspired by alphas. I have loads of part-used packs and I do want to use up some of the older ones where I don't have enough letters left for any good words, but have too many left just to throw them away. I decided to use my tiny rub-ons here, having them fly out of the book.

I cut the book from black cardstock to match the dark backgrounds of the photos and backed it with a single piece of ombre paper. I chose a star print background paper that has some interest but is subtle enough to take all the lettering, and pulled the colours for my embellishment clusters from the printed stars.

Supplies
Cardstock - Craft Sensations
Paper - Heidi Swapp Hello Today, Heidi Swapp No Limits, DCWV Romantic Life
Letters - Doodlebug
Washi Tape & Ticket - Unknown
Puffy Stars - Elle's Studio
Enamel Dots - Altenew
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Silhouette Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment