Friday 11 March 2022

Spread the Parkrun Love

Well, I applied for the new DT at Let's Get Sketchy but I wasn't successful. However the sketch to use for DT submissions was also the first sketch of the new era, so I had a page ready and waiting for that when it was published at the start of the month.

We are in March now but we haven't done much yet this year and that makes keeping on top of the 2022 album quite straightforward. I have a single photo of a friend and me at parkrun taken by the photographer volunteer last month which I thought would suit the sketch well.

I picked Simple Stories Safe Travels papers from the colours in the photo and layered them in a similar way to the sketch. That big flower became my tree and I inked an old piece of filmstrip chipboard to run behind the photo (which I popped up on a piece of foam to give enough depth for the chipboard piece to sit neatly).


There's no place marked for journalling on the sketch so I popped mine on a card below the photo and moved the title across. I included the word 'love' for a challenge from Hey Little Magpie, but I would probably have used this wording anyway. My friend is a relative newcomer to parkrun and now loves it almost as much as we do.

Supplies
Cardstock - DCWV
Paper - Fancy Pants Off to School, Simple Stories Safe Travels
Letters - American Crafts
Chipboard - Creative Expressions
Tree Die-Cut - Quirky Kits
Phrase Sticker - Pretty Little Studio
Enamel Dots - Papermania, Simple Stories

Tools
X-Cut Circle Punch

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful page! Thank you for playing along with Let's get sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us this month @ Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your background paper Amanda, great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us this month at Lets Get Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute layout 😁😀 Thanks for playing along at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there and thank you for playing along! I never received an application from you. I am sorry. Did you email it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. I guess it ended up in your junk folder.

      Delete
  6. It's an amazing layout! Thank you so much for joining us in the LGS.
     from Chieko

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout. I love this collection too and works so well with this sketch. It's a strange time for us scrappers at the moment isn't it. We don't have alot of current photos to do as we haven't been doing much, however inside we have had plenty of crafty time. So glad you've had this opportunity to get some creativity in. It's lovely. Thank you for sharing your layout. - Toni

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely layout! I love how you were able to match the patterned papers almost exactly to your jackets. :) GORGEOUS! Thanks for playing along with us at LGS.

    ReplyDelete