Thursday 3 March 2022

Push Me!

Last month I made a page for Twilights Crafts using the Hexagon Background cut-file from Jenny Wren Cut-Files. I shrank the file and welded several together to give me more, smaller hexagons and once I'd cut it I decided that I had to do something with my stack of cardstock hexagons. I chose a neutral background and used the cut-file outline to help with spacing them correctly but in a more haphazard pattern than the original grid.

I've come back to that background now, and picked an old single photo to go with it as I didn't want to cover up too many of the hexagons. I splodged distress oxide ink over the page, concentrating it in the middle, and matted the photo on several patterned papers. 


I would normally keep my embellishments much closer to the photo, but I felt the need to spread them out here for once. They are really very simple with just  strips of washi tape, cardstock hearts left over from another page and a few enamel dots.

Supplies
Paper - Crate Paper Random, Crate Paper DIY Shop
Letters - Pinkfresh Studio
Washi Tape - Crate Paper, Ebay
Enamel Dots - Simple Stories, Ebay
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Silhouette Portrait & Hexagon Background Cut-File

Disclosure - I received the digital cut-file free of charge and the distress oxide ink at a discounted price from Twilight Crafts. All other supplies are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment