Wednesday 1 August 2018

Party Bag Name Tags

We recently celebrated our Silver Wedding Anniversary with a party. Our guests ranged in age from just two months to over seventy years, and we all know from experience that children tend to get bored at such events. 

Some years ago, when our children were children, we went to a wedding where the mother of the bride had thoughtfully provided them with goody bags of things to keep them amused during the reception. I thought this was a great idea, and copied it for three of our younger party guests. Being a crafter, I couldn't just write on the bag tags, but decided to make them each a chipboard tag with their names on. 

I made one for Alex first, picking papers from Simple Stories. The definition paper and star tape were already printed on the paper so it had some instant interest. There was a box part way up that I didn't like, but it was easily covered with a die-cut tag stamped with his name, and I finished off with a few punched stars.


I picked a colourful striped paper from Crate Paper's The Pier collection for my second tag and copied the printed tape from my first tag by using real washi tape on this one. I stamped the name on a label, and finished with punched butterflies.


Last tag now, and I wanted a more playful print for a two year-old. This paper from Crate Paper's Neighborhood collection was perfect and I added a couple of pieces of washi again. I had to change stamp set to fit the longer name on another label, and I punched flowers to embellish this time. Those flowers needed middles, so I added a few gems and then went back to the other tags to add gems to them too.


Although I say it myself, I think the bags were a success and our young guests gave us no trouble at all. Alex's dad had promised him a puzzle book if he behaved, but there was one in his bag for him, and Martha was very happy with the tiny teddy bear in hers which she was still carrying around when we saw her next day. 


1 comment:

  1. What a brilliant idea & how kind of you to include the children. We attend some celebrations where under 12 are banned. Not sure how I feel about that, but then it's not my celebration. Congratulations on 25 years of marriage, that is something to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete