Saturday 25 August 2018

Austria

Earlier this year I was working on my 2014 album which was getting rather fat, so I decided to split out the pages from our summer holiday in Austria and give them their own separate album. That meant I needed to make an extra page to go in the annual album to summarise the holiday. The arrangement of the other pages from that summer meant that my Austrian page would have to be either a single or a triple. I wasn't sure that a single would have the space for enough photos to give a good round-up of the week, but I didn't really fancy making a triple so I left that page for a while and moved on to other things.

One of the prompts from Shimelle's latest class Layer on Layer on Layer has provided the solution to my conundrum, with a method for using lots of photos in a relatively small space via a Silhouette cut file. Shimelle used a commercial file with the word "Wanderlust" backed with five photos and five patterned papers but I made my own file for the word "Austria" and backed all the outlines with photos.




I also managed to tick off a couple of the challenges from the Summer Fiesta at For the Love of Pretty Paper; Week Three was travel-themed and I've combined Tuesday's prompts (florals, triangles and the word 'explore') with Wednesday's (florals, masks and geotags). If you are wondering, the challenges are set via a dice roll and florals just came up twice in a row.

Supplies
Paper - Pink Paislee Atlas, American Crafts/Dear Lizzy Star Gazer, Simple Stories I Am
Enamel Dots - Pink Paislee Atlas, Stampin' Up!
Puffy Stars - MRI
Washi Tape - Little B
Ink - Hobbycraft

Tools
Silhouette & SCT 'Outline Alpha' Free Cut File
Big Shot
Little B Arrows Die
X-Cut Camera Die
Creative Expressions Mask

1 comment:

  1. Nice title page. Gives me an idea of what to do with the too many flower pictures printed & those new large alpha diecuts!

    ReplyDelete