Tuesday 28 August 2018

December 2014 / Year of the Bus

My last page was a summary of our holiday in Austria in the summer of 2014, and that filled in one of the last few gaps in my annual albums for that year. I'm so close to finishing those albums now that it would be a shame to move to other projects rather than just get them done. There were a couple of sets of photos that I had earmarked to include but now that I'm looking at them again I'm just not inspired to scrap them and they really won't be missed if they're not included in the album at all so that's two more pages crossed off the list.

Therefore I have one double and one divided page left to go. 2014 was the year that I decided to try including more 'everyday' moments in the album via 4x6 cards in divided page protectors, but this fizzled out by the middle of the year. August was the last monthly divided page that I made though September did get one for our camping holiday I've bypassed the quieter autumn months altogether and my last divided page will be for December. 

I had an almost complete 12x12 sheet of paper in my scraps box which I decided to use for all the cards. There were just a couple of shapes punched from one corner which I hid behind one of my photos. The front has my title card, a fuzzy print from my sister-in-law's birthday party and the cockerel which used to inhabit the fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square.


The back has its own title as all three photos are sculptures celebrating the Year of the Bus. There were sixty of them spread across London, but I only saw a handful - these three in December plus two in January in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.



No comments:

Post a Comment