Tuesday 7 August 2018

Theo

Something a bit different from me today - a single photo, mixed media page. I don't often scrap single photos so when I do it's nice to have the space for playing with inks.

I'm taking Shimelle's Layer on Layer on Layer class and my initial inspiration for this page came from one of hers which was made from lots of layers of white scraps. I really liked that look and thought it would work with a baby photo (my husband's cousin's new arrival). I don't actually have many white scraps but I found the chevron paper and decided to include blue-grey in my mix. Shimelle used a bold holographic print as her background, but I wanted something softer and decided to make my own.



I'd previously used the packaging technique to smoosh ink over this cardstock and then abandoned it so I pulled it back out and stencilled the diamond pattern on top before layering my scraps. I store my embellishments by colour so picked out lots of white and silver options including various die-cut pieces which I tucked in each side. For a long time I wasn't sure where to place my title or whether it should be blue or silver, but once I realised that these blue puffy stickers would fit on the vellum circle in my layers there was no other option. They're a slightly different colour from the blue-grey of my ink so I added a few plus signs to the diagonal line of embellishment so that the colour would repeat around the page.

We have a Summer Fiesta running in the For the Love of Pretty Paper Facebook group with six weeks of daily challenges. We're allowed to combine them so I kept them in mind while I worked and completed three from Week One in this page (Monday - diamonds, Tuesday - puffy stickers and Saturday - get messy, wood veneers and stamping).

Supplies
Cardstock - American Crafts
Paper - We R Memory Keepers, My Mind's Eye, American Crafts, Studio Calico
Letters - Fancy Pants
Labels - Pretty Little Studio
Wood Veneer, Gems, Ribbon - from Stash
Ink - Ranger, Memento
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools

Tando Creative Harlequin Mask
Big Shot

The Works Scalloped Circle Dies
X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die
Studio Calico Stars Stamp

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet layout, I like the muted background & the affect overall is one that speaks of the softness of new life. Perfect use of the embellishments

    ReplyDelete