Saturday 4 August 2018

Snow and Xmas Trees

We have a weekly Alpha Relay challenge running in the For the Love of Pretty Paper group on Facebook, with different members setting each challenge based on the letters of the alphabet (in no particular order).

Having entered a page into A for Acrylic, I was picked (by random number generator) to set the next one, and chose D for Double page. I knew it wouldn't be a popular choice, but challenges are supposed to be challenges, aren't they? No point picking something too easy.

I had this set of photos in mind when I set the challenge. They come from our Easter holiday in Cumbria and I sketched the layout and printed the photos back before National Scrapbooking Day but I didn't use them for any of the challenges then and they've been lurking on my desk ever since. This was a group holiday but we split up on this particular day with my husband and our friends tackling a few fells while I took their son on a less strenuous walk in Whinlatter Forest.

Despite being April, winter was lingering and there was snow on higher ground. As we walked through the conifers my young companion declared that snow and Christmas trees were two of his favourite things, so setting the title and subtitle of my page at that point. I knew I had a tree print in a Christmas collection from Glitz Design so that determined my colour scheme, with the yellow stripe coming from the same paper pack. I picked blue as a nice contrast to the yellow and a match with the blue skies in the photos, and added a few pops of dark green with my title and some puffy stickers to match the lone green tree on the tree print paper.


Supplies
Paper - Glitz Design Hello December, Little Yellow Bicycle Acorn Hollow, Basic Grey Capture
Letters - Papermania
Die-Cuts - Jillibean Soup, Heidi Swapp, Lakeland
Stickers - October Afternoon, Jillibean Soup, Pebbles, Simple Stories
Enamel Dots - Stampin' Up!
Ink & Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment