Thursday 16 August 2018

For the Love of Pretty Paper

If you're a regular reader here, you'll have seen numerous mentions of the Facebook group For the Love of Pretty Paper. It's my favourite Facebook group and the only one where I regularly contribute rather than lurking at the edges, so when someone proposed a group meet-up in real life, they didn't have to ask me twice.

I had three photos from the day and pondered whether this should be a single of double page. Normally three photos would be a single but I wanted to print them at 4x6 to see all the details and a single might not have enough space for plenty of pretty paper. On the other hand three photos on a double would leave a lot of extra space to fill. 

The double page sketch at Stick It Down this month is one for three portrait photos and it started me thinking about how I could adapt it for three landscape photos. The block on the right side would be fine rotated for landscape photos instead of portrait, but the left was harder to adapt. 

I thought of using a cut file for the large circle on the left, and then that morphed into a title piece which I backed with pieces of insta-cards from Simple Stories. Of course I couldn't then layer my photo over it so I had to rearrange the pictures, deciding on a block which includes another insta-card for my journalling. 

I love the fact that Simple Stories mostly use and re-use the same colour combinations in their collections so I was able to team the insta-cards from Good Day Sunshine with the floral paper from Homespun and ephemera from Carpe Diem. At first I tried to scatter the ephemera pieces to approximate to the circles on the sketch, but they didn't work for me like that so I ended up clustering them together. It was another step away from the original sketch, but I hope you can see how this page evolved from my initial inspiration.


Of course I couldn't make an FTLOPP page without also ticking off an FTLOPP challenge and this one fits the "E for Ephemera" prompt in our Alpha Relay (where different members set the challenge each week based around the letters of the alphabet).

Supplies
Cardstock - Papermania
Paper - OneCanoeTwo Creekside, Simple Stories Homespun, Kit'n'Kraft,
Insta-Cards - Simple Stories Good Day Sunshine
Ephemera - Simple Stories Carpe Diem, Jillibean Soup Hardy Hodgepodge, OneCanoeTwo Hazelwood
Stickers - OneCanoeTwo Stickerbook, Jillibean Soup Bowl of Dreams
Washi Tape - Quirky Kits
Enamel Dots - American CRrafts/Shimelle, Doodlebug

Tools
Silhouette Portrait

8 comments:

  1. Love how you morphed the page to suit your pics... really turned out well. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stick It Down

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great photos and even better so many memories made. Love your title. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    Colleen--DT for SID
    http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it fun meeting online friends IRL? So glad that the sketch helped you capture the memories of that day. Love your interpretation.

    Stacy B, DT (single page layouts) for Stick it Down

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your colorful title!! So fun! Thanks for playing along at Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome that you got to meet up with this group and love your take on the sketch too :) Thank you for playing along with us over at Stick It Down
    Tina-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome double page layout - I love the die-cut title! Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this layout! How cool that you were able to meet up with people fro a scrapbooking facebook group too!! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!
    Lauren
    Stick it Down DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you adapted the sketch! This is perfect!

    Thanks for joining us Amanda:)

    ReplyDelete