Wednesday 16 January 2019

Parkrun - December

Just as we thought the admin team at For the Love of Pretty Paper had issued all the challenges of the Winter Olympics, they threw one final surprise into the mix - to use just white and gold on a page. I'll admit that it didn't immediately inspire me to get creating and I couldn't think of any photos that I wanted to scrap in that way so I was going to skip over this one. However, as the deadline for all the challenges approached I started to think it over again and decided that I could make the colour combo work for the final page of my 2018 parkrun album.

December wasn't a good month for parkrun; we were away from home for three of the five weekends and nowhere near alternative courses, so I only did two runs. However, this brings my total to 46 out of 51 for the year (with one being cancelled by the Beast from the East back in March) which I reckon is pretty good going. 



I started my page by smooshing gold paint through a stencil for my background, and then added washi tape and glitter tape to the right hand edge. I then arranged my photos, two larger ones from parkruns and three smaller ones from the other Saturdays to explain where we were on those days, with more tape to the left of each set. This album doesn't generally have a lot of embellishment, which is a good thing as I discovered how little gold stash I have. I punched the stars from more glitter tape, and added a word sticker at the top of the page. That one reads '#FOREVER' and is how I feel about parkrun. My album stops here, with the completion of the year, but I intend to continue with parkrun for as long as I am able.



No comments:

Post a Comment