Monday 14 January 2019

Start as You Mean to Go On

As we reached the end of last year, I'd been thinking about my annual album for 2018, about what pages are missing and how the individual pages will come together to form the whole album. One thing that kept bugging me is that the first page that I made for year was a double and I didn't have an event before that to be the single page at the front of the album. I could have made a title page, but none of my other annual albums have title pages so I wouldn't have liked the inconsistency.

Eventually it dawned on me that I did my first parkrun at the beginning of January and that it would fill the gap perfectly. I think I'd ignored it previously as parkrun has its own 8x8 album cum journal, but that's no reason not to include it in the annual album from time to time. 

So... here's what will be the first page in my 2018 album:


Obviously, it also fulfils another of the Winter Olympics challenges at For the Love of Pretty Paper; this is for Ski Jumping where we were challenged to use a long title. Mine's not the longest that's been produced, but it's long for me. 

Supplies
Paper - My Mind's Eye Collectable, My Mind's Eye Fine & Dandy, Bo Bunny Olivia, October Afternoon Witch Hazel
Letters - American Crafts, Basic Grey
Stickers - Jillibean Soup, Bella Boulevard, October Afternoon
Gems - Papermania
Washi Tape - The Works
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment