Thursday 3 January 2019

Be a Pilgrim

I'm continuing with pages from Ferrol for my cruise album; there wasn't much to see or do in the town, but it is the start point for the Camino Inglés de Santiago, a medieval pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostela. I gathered together a few photos of the start point, some street signs and a statue of a penitent for my page. I had no real plan, and just started by layering up a few offcuts and 6x6 papers, arranging and rearranging them with the photos until I had something pleasing.



The arrangement that I settled on gave me an open corner for my journalling, and three spots for an assortment of embellishments; these include scallop shells as medieval pilgrims used to collect one as a sign that they had completed the pilgrimage and modern pilgrims tend to carry one on their journey.

Obviously I also had to tick off another Winter Olympic Games challenge from For the Love of Pretty Paper. This was actually the last one posted, but I still have three more to do. We're looking at Short Track Speed Skating, and the objective was a simple one - to declare the time taken to make our page; mine was 1h 34m, though I know it could have been shorter if I hadn't kept rearranging the papers as much as I did.

Supplies
Paper - OneCanoeTwo Creekside, Simple Stories Posh, American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Better Together, 
       American Crafts/Dear Lizzy Stay Colorful
Letters - American Crafts
Stickers - OneCanoeTwo, Tim Holtz, American Crafts
Enamel Shapes - Doodlebug, Stampin' Up!
Ink - Memento

Tools
Woodware Postage Stamp Punch
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circles Template

No comments:

Post a Comment