Monday 28 October 2019

Misadventures on Fløyen

I'm jumping back to Bergen now for one final page from that port. I skipped over it when I made the rest of my Bergen pages as it was very easy to pick the photos for those, but somewhat harder to choose which ones I wanted to print for this one. It's a double with ten photos from the walk that we did on the trails of Mount Fløyen, one of the seven hills that surround the city.

Sadly, it was a very wet and windy walk (the weather forecaster lied to us) so my photos are quite dull and grey. I decided to contrast them with plenty of colour and pattern in my papers, using multiple 2" strips to fill my background. In some ways this is quite similar to the last page I shared from Eidfjord, but they will be at opposite ends of the album, and I like to repeat things for a sense of cohesion.



I almost always hand-write my journalling, but on this occasion I just had too much that I wanted to write with the story of the walk and the names of the lakes and mountains in the photos so I printed it from the computer instead.

I split my journalling into four pieces and decided to add embellishment to the  blocks on each side. Every time that I've flipped through the die-cuts and stickers from Pinkfresh Studio while making other pages, there have been certain pieces that I've mentally reserved as suiting this one better, so I used quite a few in the end, aiming to match up the shapes, colours and textures in each group.

Supplies
Cardstock - The Range, Bazzill, Stampin' Up!
Paper - Pinkfresh Studio Out & About, Studio Calico Snippets, Studio Calico Heyday, Simple Stories So Fancy, Simple Stories Travel Notes, Echo Park Summer Dreams
Numbers - Tim Holtz Idea-Ology
Die-Cuts & Stickers - Pinkfresh Studio Out and About
Puffy Stickers - Pinkfresh Studio, American Crafts/Shimelle
Enamel Shapes - We R Memory Keepers, Simple Stories, Doodlebug, Echo Park
Ink - Memento
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment