Friday 24 January 2020

Xmas Run Basildon

Gill's Page
Being a parkrunner leads to crazy things, like running a 5k on Christmas morning. Our nearest Christmas event was in Basildon, where we also made use of their selfie frame.

My page is a scraplift of one by Gill Birch in the Scrap Squad group on Facebook, which was itself a scraplift of a page by EllenT at scrapbook.com, a challenge set to celebrate Gill's birthday. 

I preferred Gill's version to the original, and flipped it sideways to start my page. I used a mask to ink some squares on the background to echo the original doodled grid, and cut a stack of hexagons from some Christmas papers to layer up around my photo. My title is an example of stretching your alphas as far as possible as 'run' started out as 'uuu'. The santa hat was a lucky find and fitted in perfectly above the title. I kept the rest of the embellishment quite simple, with the last of a pack of puffy stars and some red gems. 


Supplies
Cardstock - Papermania, Stampin' Up!
Paper - Advent Calendar Swap
Letters - My Mind's Eye, Basic Grey
Puffy Stars - Bella Boulevard
Word Sticker - Tim Holtz
Paper Clip - Doodlebug
Gems - Advent Calendar Swap
Ink - Memento

Tools
That Special Touch Grid Mask
Big Shot & X-Cut Hexagon Die

No comments:

Post a Comment