Tuesday 28 January 2020

Twelve Days of Snowmen

Just before Christmas, I found out about a new sculpture trail in London which combined the Twelve Days of Christmas song with Raymond Briggs' The Snowman. There were twelve Snowman sculptures laid out on a trail between London Bridge and Tower Bridge, each one decorated with design from one of the Twelve Days. Something like this always draws my attention and so my daughter and I headed out to complete the trail on one of the quiet days between Christmas and New Year.

Even before we went, I know I would have 12 photos to scrapbook, all the same size and all portrait in orientation, so I was mentally planning this page even before I had the photos. I decided to try and cut The Snowman on my Silhouette and back him in the original colours from the story, to stand tall beside all the photos of him in different incarnations. I found a colouring book image online and was able to convert this to a cut-file which I backed with white mulberry paper to mimic the texture of the snow, and I'm so pleased with the way he turned out.

Twelve photos and my snowman needed a double page; I normally use two papers the same for the backgrounds of my doubles but my snowman looked so good against the spotted paper that I had to use it and find an alternative for the other side.


I'm trying to use my scraps rather than new sheets so my colour scheme came from one of those; the squared paper on the two sides was a good match for the grey of my spotty background and it also contains soft orange and purply-pink which guided the rest of my choices. Finding the stripe was serendipitous as it includes both of those colours and the green of the snowman's hat and scarf.

Supplies
Cardstock - Papermania, Craft Sensations
Paper - Pink Paislee Citrus Bliss, Pebbles/Jen Hadfield Warm & Cozy, Lawn Fawn Sweater Weather, Paper Adventures
Die-Cuts - Advent Calendar Swap
Puffy Stickers - American Crafts/Shimelle
Washi Tape - Ebay
Enamel Dots - Simple Stories, Stampin' Up!
Ink - Memento

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Big Shot
Sizzix Film Strip Die
Sizzix Star Die
Woodware Tag Die
Hoobycraft Tiny Star Punch

1 comment:

  1. I really like your big snowman - great layout. I wish we had something like those decorated snow persons locally. Anything close is in Toronto.

    ReplyDelete