Wednesday 8 January 2020

School Days are Over

Another of For the Love of Pretty Paper's cybercrop challenges gave me another opportunity to finish off a 'starting point' page. This time we were asked to use triangles on a page for the 'Sandwiches' challenge, and I had a page background ready that I'd made when I was experimenting with my Silhouette Portrait a while back. 

I went to some theme park photos which match the colours of my papers, but they were quite old and really didn't work with the stark white background. 

Flipping through the same album, I picked a couple of photos from my last day at school, more than 30 years ago. They were originally about 4"x5" and I moved them round the page A LOT, before deciding to add a larger triangle to the page (even though it would cover some of my existing smaller triangles). Following that the rest of the page fell into place - crop and mat the photos, title along the side of the triangle, extra strip of paper on the left edge, journalling on strips alongside the top photo and embellishments in opposite corners.



Supplies
Paper - Studio Calico Sundrifter, Studio Calico Snippets, Studio Calico Heyday
Die-Cuts - Jillibean Soup
Sticker - Studio Calico
Enamel Shapes - Marianne Designs

Tools
Silhouette Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment