Friday 10 January 2020

Going, Going, Gone

Last month, the chimney of a retired power station near us was blown up. We knew in advance and quite a crowd turned up to watch, safe on the opposite bank of the river. I took a series of time-lapse photos and printed three of them to run across the page in a horizontal line.

I've adapted this month's single page sketch from Stick It Down by extending the row of photos. I matted them first on black cardstock then looked for a patterned paper with black in it, pulling out a stripey one from Junkitz with a 2005 date. The problem with paper that old was finding anything else to match the colours in it, and I ended up using plain cardstock for the rest of my layers and I couldn't find a second paper to make the split background.

My page also fits another of the birthday party challenges at For the Love of Pretty Paper where 'Sleeping Lions' asked us to create a page with a horizontal design.



Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill, Papermania, Stampin' Up!
Paper - KaiserCraft PS I Love You, Echo Park Winter Park, Junkitz Winter
Washi Tape - Ebay
Enamel Dots - Echo Park
Ink - Hobbycraft
Mist - Docrafts

Tools

Silhouette Portrait
Big Shot & Little B Arrow Die
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
X-Cut Corner Punch

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic layout Amanda, thank you for joining us at Stick It Down x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures, great layout! I love how you interpreted this sketch, Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab layout Amanda!
    Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down - hope to see you again next month
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore that you used the sketch to inspire you, but let your creativity to guide you! This is what sketches are for! Fab layout! Thanks for scrapping along with us at Stick It Down this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! This is really cool! What a wonder to see in real life too I bet.

    Thanks for joining us :)

    ReplyDelete