Thursday 30 January 2020

Today is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life

Jocandy22's Page
This page was completely inspired by a Scrap Squad scraplift to celebrate their 500th member last autumn, but it took me a long while to actually make it. The original page was made by Jocandy22 and is in the gallery at Studio Calico. The colourful, mixed-alpha title is not my thing at all, but I made a more restrained version to mark our daughter's first day at university.

I had two photos, so expanded the bottom section of the page to hold them neatly, with a few more layers than the original.



I haven't done the journalling yet as I'm still working out what will go where, and whether there will be other pages for either our initial visit to the university or her accommodation there. I only stuck three sides of the ledger paper to the background, so this page is essentially a large pocket which can hold the 'story' of her university applications and offers if this is the only one I make.

Supplies
Cardstock - Readicut Crafts
Paper - American Crafts/Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm, Pebbles Season's Greetings, PhotoPlay Like a Girl, American Crafts/Shimelle Head in the Clouds
Letters - American Crafts
Phrase Stickers - Tim Holtz
Glitter Tape - Advent Calendar Swap
Paperclip - Doodlebug
Enamel Dots - Carta Bella
Star Gems - Simply Creative
Ink - Memento

Tools

Silhouette Portrait
X-Cut Circle Punch
KaiserCraft Bubble Wrap Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment