Saturday 23 March 2019

Lisbon

Back to my cruise album now, and the title page for Lisbon. This one's based on the March single page sketch from Stick It Down, though I changed the four smaller photos out for a 6x8 print on my page and moved the title below it.

I was happy to see the angled papers on this sketch, as that is something that I need to repeat in this album. I chose circles rather than flowers as they are another element that I want to repeat but I moved them around as I preferred them to follow the lines of the paper. 




This month we are focusing on using our stamps more at both For the Love of Pretty Paper and Stashbusting on Facebook, and I've used two on this page. The compass is one that I've used on the background of many a travel page, and the trio of stars is just a really useful little filler.



Supplies
Paper  Studio Calico, OneCanoeTwo Creekside, Simple Stories, We R Memory Keepers, Pinkfresh Studio
Vellum - My Mind's Eye
Letters - Hobbycraft
Cork Shapes - Studio Calico
Date Sticker - Studio Calico
Enamel Dots - American Crafts/Shimelle, My Mind's Eye
Ink - Memento
Mist - Maya Road, Docrafts

Tools
Scrapberry's Compass Stamp
Studio Calico Stars Stamp

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic travel layout! Love the stamping! Thanks for joining us at SID this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout and beautiful photo to scrap. Love that you have used your stamps, Iv not got round to joining in the stamping challenges this month. Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you could adapt this sketch to fit in with trends you are using on other pages of your travel album. I think you've done a perfect job of making it work. I too am trying to use more of my stamps on my layouts. I bought the Tim Holtz stamping platform to do just that...but I keep forgetting to use it. Thanks for the reminder and for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    Stacy B, SID DT member, single page team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stamps on layouts... wow! I just never think of it! Such a cool layout and so happy to see that you are using inspiration in an album! I know all too well the monotony of trying to fill an album with memories and feel bogged down by "what now" Thanks for joining us! ~MelissaKay SID DT

    ReplyDelete