Tuesday 5 March 2019

Porto & the Rio Douro

I'm sharing a double page today, one that showcases my photos of the Rio Douro and the waterfront in Porto (Portugal). I have an assortment of landscape photos of the river and when I saw this sketch which Kirsty posted in the For the Love of Pretty Paper Facebook group recently I decided to use it with five of them.

I veered off course slightly by extending the paper panels below the photos and running a line of stamping above them. There is only one other page in this album that has lots of stamping (Torre dos ClĂ©rigos) so it's something that I need/want to repeat. I also moved the title down away from my stamping and onto a plainer part of the page.


I would have made this page in this way anyway, but it fits with another of the recent cybercrop challenges from GoGoGetaway, which was to stamp in coloured inks. Furthermore, it's my first page for Calvinball 2019, a month-long points collecting challenge, and double pages count for double points so I've stacked up eleven points so far (1 for my first Calvinball page; 2 for two 12x12 pages; 2 each for enamel dots, stars and green; 1 for this blog post and 1 for sharing on Facebook). Finally, this month's focus is on using our stamps more in both the Stashbusting and For the Love of Pretty Paper groups on Facebook.

Supplies
Cardstock - The Range
Paper - OneCanoeTwo Creekside, Jillibean Soup Staples, October Afternoon The Reset Girl, Pebbles Floral Lane
Letters - October Afternoon, American Crafts
Stickers - Studio Calico, OneCanoeTwo, Shimelle/American Crafts
Enamel Dots & Wood Veneer - Unknown (from a Stash Swap)
Ink - Ranger, Memento, Versamagic
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
X-Cut Circle Punch
Creative Embellishments Fishnet Stamp
Studio Calico Kit Stamp Sets
Studio Calico Doily Stamp
Papermania 'All Aboard' Postmark Stamp
Stampendous 'Travel Words' Arrow Stamp
Heidi Swapp 'Inspire' Ticket Stamp 
American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Dots Stamp
American Crafts/Shimelle 'Starshine' Word Stamp
The Works Stamp Set
7Gypsies Text Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment