Thursday 7 March 2019

Port Country

I made this page some time ago but I saved it to share with the rest of my pages from Porto. Before we travelled there, we thought of the city of Porto being the home of port, but in fact all the port caves are on the opposite side of the River Douro in the city of Vila Nova de Gaia. Standing on the Porto side of the river we could see the signs of many port brands on the buildings there, and this page has an 4x6 view of the city with close-ups of some of the signs.

I based my page on Sketch 25 of Shimelle's Sketch to Scrapbook Page series and used all her small squares for photos. There are no layers on the sketch, but Shimelle included a large central mat on her page and I've layered things up further with two mats and some strips from a 6x6 pad tucked into the sides. I also moved the title to run up the side of the page rather than over the photo.

Supplies
Paper - Pebbles/Jen Hadfield Heart of Home, OneCanoeTwo Twilight, My Mind's Eye Now & Then
Letters - Love to Craft
Die Cuts - Pink Paislee/Paige Evans, Quirky Kits
Cork - Studio Calico
Washi Tape - Unknown
Enamel Dots - Doodlebug
Ink - Memento
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
X-Cut Small Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment