Saturday 1 February 2020

Winter Photography Scavenger Hunt - January

January has felt like a very long month, but it's over now so we're half-way through this year's Winter Photography Scavenger Hunt compiled by Eileen at A Bracelet of Days, time for another look at how we are all getting on.

Eileen composed a list of 20 items to find and photograph between 1 December and 31 March (plus two alternatives in case any of the original twenty proved to be impossible). I had just five at the end of December, and I added a few to my collection with a local walk last week:

2. Contrast
Bare tree against bright sky.


3. The Way to Go


5. A Garden Gate
Our own, as I felt weird taking photos of other people's gates.

16. A Barrier
Where footpath crosses road.

 17. A Line
Two options here: a pylon with power lines


or a line of posts (erected after travellers occupied the green a couple of summers ago).


18. A Chain
One which our neighbour puts across their driveway to stop parents parking there when collecting their children from school.


There's nothing very exciting here, but I've bagged another six finds to bring my total to eleven now. Halfway done with the list and halfway through the time is quite satisfying, but I've done the easy ones now.

There's still time for you to join us if you wish. Just drop over to Eileen's blog and comment to say you're taking part too.



3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your contrast photo ... that's beautiful. The way to go looks very inviting with a hint of adventure ahead! Thanks for joining in Amanda and I look forward to seeing the rest of your finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great finds but I especially like the photo of The Way To Go & your contrast of tree & sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too like the ‘way to go’ photo. It makes me want to walk in that footpath. 😊

    ReplyDelete