Tuesday 8 September 2020

Butterflies Mini Book

I wrote recently about how I became Slightly Obsessed with photographing and identifying butterflies over the summer. Well, that obsession has spilled over into my paper-crafting world, with a mini-album as well as the scrapbook page I shared on Sunday.

It's a very simple album, made from one 12x12 sheet of concertina-folded cardstock and based on Cal Summers' one page mini-album, though I adapted her instructions to make my book at 4" square rather then her original 3" square (plus covers). 

I decorated the covers with butterfly paper and two die-cut butterflies arranged on and around a chipboard frame which I popped up on foam adhesive so that I could thread my ribbon tie behind it.


Inside, I wrote a brief introduction and then gave each butterfly its own page, with names cut on my Silhouette.



Flipping the book over, the butterflies continue 


and I end with a mention of the ones that I saw but couldn't photograph and a repeat of the front cover motif.


I used a limited selection of supplies throughout - three patterned papers, three colours of cardstock, three washi tapes - and repeated them with motifs such as the cameras and the pairs of hearts.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Studio Calico Heyday
Kraft Heart Stickers - Studio Calico
Puffy Stars - Elle's Studio, Pinkfresh Studio
Washi Tape - Docrafts, We R Memory Keepers
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Big Shot
X-Cut Tag Die
X-Cut Camera Die
Dovecraft Label Die
Little B Arrow Die
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment