Wednesday 30 September 2020

Bring on the Next Chapter

That's the caption that my daughter used when she added this photo to Instagram a few weeks before she started at the University of Sussex, and it seemed appropriate for this page, the first in her University Years album.

Of course, it made me think of books and I hunted around for a suitable cut-file but didn't find one immediately. However, a few days later Confessions of a Paper Addict published the perfect file, called Stacked Books, a freebie at the time.

I backed the open book with an old 6x6 book-print paper (what else?) and used a similar colour from the same pad on all the paper edges. I think that books are quite old-fashioned now so I picked distressed papers to back the three in the stack and chose a background with a vintage feel. 

My aim with the embellishments was to use something pretty but subtle, nothing that would distract from the photo or the cut-file. I think these kraft floral die-cuts fit the bill, and I added a few dusty green leafy sprigs and a scattering of pearls to finish off.

Supplies
Cardstock - American Crafts
Paper - Simple Stories Simple Vintage Botanicals, Pink Paislee Indigo Bleu, Simply Made Crafts, Dream Street Papers
Die-Cuts - Studio Calico
Pearls - Artoz
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Silhouette Portrait & COAPA Stacked Books Cut-File
Big Shot & Poppystamps Small Sprig Die


1 comment:

  1. That cut file of the book is perfect. I must go check that file out, it would be perfect on my layout about reading.

    ReplyDelete