Thursday 24 September 2020

Mirror, Mirror

Our daughter has been at the University of Sussex for a year now. Before she went, I offered to make her an album for her experiences if she supplied me with the photos. It took her almost a year to organise, but she presented me with a memory stick just before she went back this term so I'm finally able to make a start for her.

I'll be tackling them in random order as inspiration strikes or suitable challenges arise, and I'm starting with the first September challenge from For the Love of Pretty Paper which is to scrap a selfie.

I recently rediscovered a set of Freckled Fawn stickers which I'd forgotten about. I received them as part of a prize a couple of years ago but they're not really my thing so they've sat around ever since. I decided that these fell into my 'use it or lose it' category and that if I didn't use them soon then I should either sell them or give them away.

I was so happy to find the perfect paper to go with my stickers, a stripe from Heidi Swapp that not only matched all the colours but the stripes were at the right angle for the diamond shapes to sit neatly between the lines.


I cut my title on my Silhouette because few alpha sets have six Rs, and this also meant that I could reflect the second word.

I have plenty of colours and patterns on the diamonds and I didn't want to clutter the page with too many other embellishments so I just added a trio of black puffy stickers, magenta enamel diamonds overlapping a few of the cardstock diamonds and a smattering of jade enamel dots.

Supplies
Paper - Heidi Swapp Hello Today, HOTP Garnet Sarabook
Stickers - Freckled Fawn Chit Chat
Puffy Stickers - Heidi Swapp Journal Studio
Enamel Shapes - Heidi Swapp, Ebay
Ink - Hobbycraft
Mist - Maya Road, Mister Huey's 

Tools
Silhouette Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment