Saturday 12 September 2020

Cruise Norway 2013

We cruised to Norway back in 2013 and although I've made the holiday album for that trip I will also include some pages in my main annual album. The plan was for one for each port of call; I made two of them in 2014, then another the following year and the leftover paper scraps have sat on my shelf ever since.


My Existing Three Pages


Rather than tidying round the papers any more, I've decided to get the pages done. We visited seven ports and I'm adding a introductory page to make eight for the trip. For more recent cruises, I've just made a single or double summary page for the annual album, but with three already done here I will stick with the original plan. I didn't assemble a kit for these in advance, and certainly don't have enough paper in my scraps for five new pages, but there are certain elements that I can and will repeat:
  • Kraft backgrounds
  • Map print paper (as on two pages above; I may add some to the third)
  • A specific red K&Co patterned paper (on all pages above)
  • Multi-coloured stripes from Simple Stories (all pages above)
  • Machine-stitching (as on two pages; I can add some to the third)
  • Port names as sub-titles in small letter stickers
  • Repeated date stamps
  • Punched shapes (scalloped circles and postage stamps in particular)
I started at the beginning, with my introductory page, and used the June sketch from Scrap-Circle on Facebook. 

The larger photo is a copy of one that we bought on board, with the cruise name, itinerary and ship; the smaller ones are scenery photos that won't make it into the pages in this album, though they do appear in the trip album.

I repeated many of the elements listed above, and pulled in a plaid paper for the main circle. There's plenty left so I can repeat it too on some of the remaining pages.



Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill, Papermania
Paper - My Mind's Eye, K&Company Hannah, Simple Stories Awesome
Letters - Basic Grey, Lily Bee Design
Washi Tape - American Crafts
Pearls - Scrapberry's
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Docrafts, Mister Huey's

Tools
Sewing Machine
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circles Template
Kreaxions Circle Cutter
Big Shot
Little B Arrows Die
Dovecraft Star Die
X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
Hobbycraft Star Punch
Woodware Postage Stamp Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment