Friday 26 March 2021

Hello Allonby

Back in 2018, we spent Easter week in Cumbria, staying on the coast in the village of Allonby. I've made a few pages from that week so far, but nothing for the village or the cottage we rented. I often use a kit for our holidays to make a distinct sub-section in my annual album, but I hadn't done so on this occasion. However, looking back, most of my pages do follow a broad colour scheme of red, yellow, green, blue, brown and orange, mostly in dull earthy shades rather than clean and bright tones.

So no pinks or purples for this page, and no bright patterns, which led me to We R Memory Keepers Free Spirit for this page. I decided to split my page in two as my photos are quite different and don't sit that well together. I gave the top half to a general view of the village taken on a cloudy day, and used the bottom half for the cottage with its stronger colours and bright blue sky.


I added my title to the top, in a mixture of letter stickers and a word cut on my Silhouette, and journalled on paper strips on the bottom half. I built two embellishment clusters by the photos and one on the top edge of the page so that the three form a diagonal line. 

Supplies
Cardstock - Stampin' Up!
Paper - We R Memory Keepers Free Spirit, Kit 'n' Craft
Letters - KaiserCraft
Word Stickers - OneCanoeTwo
Washi Tape - Papermania
Ink - Ranger
Paint - Golden

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Big Shot
Spellbinders Circle Die
Dovecraft Label Die
Dovecraft Star Die
X-Cut Scalloped Border Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment