Sunday 14 March 2021

Mother's Day Cards

Happy Mother's Day if you are celebrating. I know that it's later in the year in some countries but for us in the UK it's today.

I've made cards for my mother and my mother-in-law, but I was out of new ideas so I copied cards I've made before but chose designs that I don't think they would personally have seen.

First up is this spring flower wreath for my mother-in-law which I copied from a December birthday card. This time I dropped the original butterfly and mounted my sentiment on a tag rather than sticking it directly to the background.

While punching all the flowers for that one, I remembered an older card where I'd added the same flowers to a stamped background, and I decided to repeat that one for my mother. I dug right back in the blog to find that I made the original seven years ago! I used brown ink then, possibly because my choice was that or black, but I've switched to green this time, stamped over subtly patterned paper rather than white cardstock.




No comments:

Post a Comment