Friday 12 March 2021

Make Your Mark

This is one of those pages which I kept putting off making. I'd printed the photos, chosen the papers (Simple Stories Awesome) and picked a page design (the 'On the Angle' sketch from Shimelle Laine's Start with a Sketch class from this time last year) but I had no ideas for the title, and for a long time I let that stop me from starting.

My photos are from January 2018 and if I'm going to complete that year's album then I need to make this page rather than put it off any longer. The occasion is my daughter and her fellow scouts receiving achievement awards from our mayor. I wanted something encouraging without being schmaltzy but nothing came to mind. 

Starting work on the page, I spotted that one of the papers had the wording 'Take Your Place, Make Your Mark, Live Your Life' printed on it. I earmarked 'Make Your Mark' as my title, initially intending to use letter stickers, but then decided to use the paper itself.


Supplies
Paper - Simple Stories Awesome, Pink Paislee Portfolio
Word Stickers - Tim Holtz
Washi Tape - Unknown
Enamel Dots - Freckled Fawn, Echo Park 
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Big Shot & Dovecraft Label Die
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment